Over the years, James Hardie has become, quite literally, a household name. One would be hard-pressed not to see the reason, with the company’s top-notch siding products and a history of setting the bar higher residential and commercial construction. An example of a James Hardie’s innovations that all their siding products are Engineered for Climate®: the HardieZone® System.
Safe Harbor Exteriors, your James Hardie Siding expert, discusses more below.
Designed for the Kansas City Climate
Specially formulated for two distinct climatic zones, James Hardie sidings can withstand the harshest and most extreme weather conditions known to man. It has two variants: the HZ5® and the HZ10® systems.
The HZ5 product line is engineered for architectural structures built in freezing cold climates. Other features include:
- Damage Resistance: Moisture from ice, snow and freezing temperatures is no match for noncombustible James Hardie siding.
- Drip Edge Technology: With improved water management, roofing leaks are now a thing of the past.
- Superior Paint Adhesion: James Hardie is engineered to ensure buildings maintain their beauty and integrity while fending off the harsh cold.
- Limited Warranty: A 30-year limited transferable warranty is offered as a token of faith.
The HZ10 product line is built to combat the sweltering heat as well as hurricane-force winds. Where there are harsh sunlight and strong winds, there’s James Hardie siding. Other features include:
1. Damage Resistance: The coastal salty sea air is notorious for causing the swelling, rotting, cracking and splitting of whatever material stands in its way. But, such a notorious offender finds its match in flame-resistant James Hardie siding.
2. Fade Resistance: ColorPlus® Technology ensures fade resistance. Products from the HZ10 line stay beautiful, even in the face of the unforgivingly humid seasons.
3. Limited Warranty: This siding comes with a 30-year limited transferable warranty that’s as steadfast as James Hardie products.