Wood siding can attract pests and woodpeckers, and require replacement or repairs. It may suffer moisture intrusion which leads to wood rot, mold and mildew. Vinyl siding dents and warps easily, and it is so thin that it gets damaged easily due to the weather.
Fiber cement siding resists wood rot, moisture intrusion, and damage from severe weather. It is also unappealing to termites, pests, and woodpeckers. This low-maintenance siding stands up to the elements and also looks gorgeous for years to come.
Fiber Cement Siding’s Makeup
Fiber cement siding is made of Portland cement, sand, water, and cellulose fibers. This durable composition varies slightly depending on the manufacturer and creates a long-lasting siding product you can rely on.
The Most Popular Fiber Cement Siding Product in America
James Hardie is the most popular fiber cement siding product in the US. It covers over 8 million homes in America. Here are some of the things you’re going to love about Hardie siding.
- Boost your home’s curb appeal. Increase your home’s resale value and bring out the best in its looks with gorgeous Hardie siding.
- Customize your home’s look. Choose from a variety of styles to complement your home’s architecture and your distinct taste.
- HardiePlank Lap siding—Popular lap siding gives you horizontal panels and timeless design you’re sure to love.
- HardieShingle siding—Enjoy the look of cedar shingles with the durability of James Hardie siding. HardieShingle resists wood rot, warping, curling, and splitting.
- HardiePanel siding—Give your home a modern look with this beautiful vertical siding. Combine it with HardieTrim® boards for a rustic board-and-batten look.
- HardieTrim—Accent your home’s corners, columns, doors, and windows with beautiful HardieTrim. Made of the same durable ingredients as Hardie siding, this attractive trim gives your home the finishing touch that makes it stand out. Add contrasting colors to boost your home’s curb appeal.
- HardieSoffit Panels—Reinforce the vulnerable gap between your eaves and exterior walls to safeguard your home from moisture intrusion and pests.
- Artisan Collection—Create the look of luxury you love with James Hardie’s newest siding styles. The added thickness casts deep shadow lines across your home exterior for added dimension.
- Enjoy long-lasting color. James Hardie, ColorPlus technology gives you factory baked-on color that resists fading, and delivers UV protection you can rely on. Choose from designer-picked color combinations that will make your home stand out. James Hardie’s Dream Collection™ offers over 700 ColorPlus technology finishes to choose from for your home. James Hardie’s Statement Collection™ of colors offers your geographic region’s most popular ColorPlus technology colors to accent your home’s most beautiful features.
- Get weather resistant Hardie siding. Avoid moisture damage, cracks, and chips in your siding by choosing fiber cement siding that stands up to the weather 24/7. The James Hardie company created the HardieZone System: fiber cement siding engineered for your specific climate. They studied weather conditions from around the United States and built in elements to fortify your siding so it will stand up to your region’s specific weather over the years.
- Get optimal warranty coverage. Hardie siding is so well made that the James Hardie company offers a 30-year non-prorated transferable warranty. It’s the best warranty in the siding industry. When Hardie siding is installed by contractors trained by the James Hardie company, your outstanding warranty is honored. Additionally, James Hardie trim products come with a 15-year non-prorated warranty. ColorPlus technology provides you with a 15-year warranty that guarantees your finish won’t chip or crack.
- Enjoy long-lasting siding. James Hardie siding lasts up to 50 years and maintains its beauty during its lifetime.
- Relish your low-maintenance siding. James Hardie fiber cement siding simply needs to be cleaned twice a year with a regular garden hose and a medium bristle nylon brush. Remove any dirt or grime buildup, and your siding will maintain its beauty over the years.
- Protect your family and home. Hardie siding resists heat damage and won’t fuel a fire. It is rated noncombustible, and some insurance companies even offer discounts on your homeowner’s insurance due to its fire resistance.
- Safeguard your home from pests. Avoid the hassles of repairing or replacing siding due to insect infestation. Hardie siding resists termites and other pests.
- Expert installation. When you hire a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor, your warranty will be honored. Hiring an Elite Preferred Contractor ensures your siding will be installed by highly trained professionals and according to the manufacturer’s standards.
How to Know You Need New Siding
- Have insects such as termites or carpenter ants infested your siding, leaving your home vulnerable to moisture intrusion?
- Did woodpeckers compromise your siding by drilling holes in it?
- Do you have paint or wallpaper in your home interior that is peeling?
- Is your current siding damaged due to wind, hail, or severe storms?
- Are there cracks in your siding?
- Do you have loose siding boards?
- Are you tired of your siding’s constant need for maintenance and repairs?
- Have your utilities increased, but you’re not sure why?
- Did you have a hailstorm that impacted your siding, creating dents?
- Is your siding super faded due to its sun exposure?
Get Reliable Siding Installation
There are two things that make up your siding’s long-term performance: siding makeup and installation. When you choose top performing siding material like fiber cement and hire a contractor who is a James Hardie Preferred Contractor, you can expect the long-term durability and beauty Hardie siding is known for.
At Safe Harbor, we believe trust is earned, and that’s why we’ve served thousands of homeowners in Kansas City with many great reviews to prove it. We give you a no-pressure sales experience, answer all your questions, and let you make the right decision for your home and budget. During our thorough inspection process, we take time to measure precisely and guide you toward the best product options. We solve home maintenance problems with reliable long-term solutions. Learn more about our James Hardie siding installation.